What better way to start the weekend than by hosting a spring soiree filled with tasteful appetizers, your night’s cocktail creation and of course friends?! With these easy to make bite size eats your friends will wish for a once a week soiree. So, choose your favorite drink and add a twist to make it your own. The Botkier team has created a menu featuring our signature ‘Botkier Kiwi on the Rocks’ What will you have as your signature piece?
Why not serve a Botkier Kiwi on the rocks! Start the night off with a much deserved Happy hour cocktail. Cheers!
2 cups kiwi, peeled and diced
1 cup pineapple, peeled and diced
12 mint leaves
2 tablespoons sugar
3 limes, juiced
2 cups vodka
2 cups tonic water or sparkling water (coconut flavor)
Garnish: thinly sliced pineapple and kiwi
1. Line six glasses up and fill each with 1/3 cup of diced kiwis, 1/6 pineapple, 2 mint leaves, 1 teaspoon sugar, and ½ lime juice.
2. Gently muddle together the contents of each glass until fully combined.
3. Fill each glass with ice cubes and top off with 1/3 cup vodka and 1/3 cup tonic water.
4. Stir, finish each glass with garnish and serve.
You can’t go wrong with these mac and cheese bites made by Cupcakes and Cashmere!
Don’t feel stuffed, feel satisfied!
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, olive oil and salt; set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook for about 8 minutes, it should still be a little firm. Remove from heat, drain and return to the pan; stir in the butter and egg until pasta is evenly coated.
3. Reserve 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese and stir the remaining cheddar cheese, 1 cup of milk and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese into the pasta. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the reserved cheddar cheese and the breadcrumb mixture over the tops.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the topping is browned. Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan in order for them to take shape.
Saving the best for last! It’s a zesty and sweet DESSERT! Check out the recipe for Spring apple pie egg rolls by Spoonforkbacon are perfect for this seasons temperatures.