Celebrate Fourth of July with RED, WHITE & BOTKIER!
Fourth of July is all about independence, fireworks, family, friends, sales & BBQ’s.
What better way to start your holiday with our July 4th Sale, some of our favorite BBQ recipes & our favorite places to watch the fireworks with the ones you love.
Check out how we like to celebrate America with a bang!
BOTKIER JULY 4TH SALE!
Get 30% OFF everything at our July 4th Sale until Sunday July 7th 11:59 PM EST.
Use promo code JULYFOURTH at checkout.
Fourth of July is all about the delicious BBQ’s! Whether you’re celebrating with friends or family there’s always enough food to go around.
Check out some of our favorite yet healthy BBQ recipes that you can try this weekend.
SOY AND GINGER SKIRT STEAK
- 2 1/2 lbs skirt steak, cut until 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or gluten free tamari)
-6 tablespoons dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
1. Rinse meat and pat dry. 2. Put steak in a gallon-sized freezer bag. 3. Add ginger, garlic, soy, wine, and honey to bag. 4. Seal bag, turn to coat meat, and chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight. 5. Lightly oil a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill. 6. Remove steak from bag; save marinade. 7. Lay meat on hot grill and close grill lid. 8. Cook, turning once, until as done as you like, about 15 minutes for medium-rare (sightly pink in center; cut in thickest part to check).
Recipe and Photo Credit: Joelens Blog
JERK SHRIMP KEBABS WITH TOMATOES, ONIONS & PEPPERS
- cup of bottled jerk sauce
- cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut in chunks
- 1 bel pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the broiler or prepare the grill. 2. To make the marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together the jerk sauce, cup of the olive oil, the ginger, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes. 3. In a separate bowl, toss the tomatoes and onion with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Spread the vegetables out on a large plate and microwave them for 2 minutes. Let the vegetables cool slightly, then thread the together onto skewers along with the shrimp. 5. Place the skewers on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, or, if grilling, place on the grill. Cook, turning once, for 5 to 6 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender and the shrimp are opaque. 6. Garnish with the parsley before serving. If you can’t find jerk sauce you can skip it and make this even simpler. Just brush the shrimp and veggies with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill as directed. The shrimp won’t be spicy, but their sweet flavor will really shine.
Recipe and Photo Credit: MORE Magazine
US FLAG POPS
- vanilla yogurt
Layer 1: Chop strawberries finely.
Put 1/2 TBL chopped strawberries in bottom of popsicle mold. Add enough water to barely cover the berries (Just a few drops at a time). Freeze for a min. of one hour
Layer 2: Spoon out 1/2 TBL plain or vanilla yogurt on top of strawberry layer. Return to freezer for min. of one hour.
Layer 3 and 4: Repeat steps one and two. Don’t forget the sticks!
Layer 5: Fill top of popsicle mold with blueberries. Fill the rest of the mold with water to cover the blueberries. Return to freezer until popsicles are completely frozen.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Super Healthy Kids
Firecracker Ice Pops
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 pound blueberries (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 low fat plain yogurt
1. In a food processor, puree strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar. Transfer to a small bowl. 2. In processor, puree blueberries with 1 tablespoon sugar. 3. In another small bowl, whisk together yogurt and 2 tablespoons sugar. 4. Pour the 3 mixtures, alternating, into ten 3-ounce ice-pop molds, making 3 to 5 layers in each. 5. With a skewer or thin-bladed knife, swirl mixtures together in an up-and-down motion. Insert ice-pop sticks and freeze until solid, 2 1/2 to 3 hours (or up to 1 week).
Recipe and Photo Credit: Martha Stewart
Celebrate America with a bang! Check out some of the most amazing places to view the fireworks in NYC.
BARGE OFF LAWRENCE BEACH CLUB FIREWORKS
When: July 3rd at 12 PM
Where: Erie Basin- 700 Columbia Street
When: July 4th at 9:28 PM
Where: Hudson River
THE ALLIANCE FOR CONEY ISLAND FIREWORKS
When: July 5th at 9:30 PM
Where: Coney Island Beach
Photo credit: Best Of New York