Why not spice up your Easter with some edgier Easter egg designs?
Check out how we decorated our Easter eggs this year!
We also found some unique artistic decorating egg ideas for you and your family to enjoy!
TIE-DYED EASTER EGGS
To give your eggs a fun color and texture:
1. Get a paper towel slightly moist with vinegar.
2. Wrap it around an egg, making sure it’s not layered too thick.
3. Gently press food coloring tubes onto the paper towel, using no more than 3 colors at a time.
4. Let the covered egg sit for a few minutes then remove the paper towel to reveal your cool creation.
PAINT-SPLATTERED EASTER EGGS
1. First, dye your eggs any color you want.
2. Once your dyed eggs have dried, dip a paintbrush in black paint.
3. Hover the brush over the center of the egg and tap the handle to splatter the paint.
4. Play around with the technique – the harder you tap the brush, the bigger your splatter marks.
PYSANKY EGG DYEING
The ancient Ukrainian folk art of wax-and-dye egg decorating:
1. Stick metal pins in pencil erasers, dip the pinheads in melted wax.
2. Draw wax patterns on hard-cooked eggs before dyeing them.
3. Then dye eggs any color. (More natural dyeing techniques, use fruits & vegetables!)
Egg decorating images via Better Homes & Garden